Monday, September 29, 2014

September Update

I don't know why, but recently all I've wanted to do is blog. I didn't really have a topic to blog about so I figured updating my personal blog would be a good start at least. 

I am now 22, still dating Shawn, still have my dog Alvin. Shawn and I have added a new edition to our family, her name is Narumi. She is a Shiba Inu, and we rescued her from my grandma's kennel. She was supposed to be a breeding dog, but she has never had a litter of puppies. It has been a hard adjustment, but a month in and now Alvin and Narumi get along pretty well. She is in heat right now, so all Alvin wants to do is mate with her. Narumi is pretty tolerant of him, but she will snap at him if it goes on too long. He's neutered, so we don't have to worry about any puppies!

Shawn and I have started our own dog walking business. So far we are doing really well. Our first month (August 2014) we made about $500, our second month (September 2014) we have made $1000. It's not enough to live off of yet, but I feel we will get there soon. I'm really excited about our future together, and we will be starting it sooner than we expected. 

I've never read The Secret, but I am interested in this law of attraction thing. I'm still highly skeptical of it, but there has been many times when we have said something and less than a week later it has happened. I'm planning on reading the book soon; however, I'm not expecting it to change my mind immediately. 

This blog isn't exactly what I had envisioned. In the past I've always had a very specific topic that I was writing about. I just haven't had any inspiration for writing in a long time. It's something I enjoy though. I have intentions on keeping up with writing because I have a 10-year goal of writing a novel. It's something I've always wanted so I'd really love to achieve it.

An update on my mental health... I am doing well. I believe my keeping busy with the business has helped tremendously. I am currently taking a mood stabilizer and an anti-depressant. They've been doing pretty good for me, much better than anything I have ever taken in the past. My psychiatrist is my saviour. She did tell me that I need to be on the medication for at least 2 years though, otherwise if I relapsed it would be indefinite. Obviously that's not something I want, even though I'd rather not be on medication it's something I'm willing to do to get my life back. A year ago I don't think I ever would have thought this would be possible — to be in the state I am now. I don't think I've felt as good as I do now in 8 years or so. I still do get depressed sometimes, but it's no where near as bad or as long as it used to be. 

I think that will be it for today. Maybe I'll try to write every day, I'm just not sure if I will have enough content to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment